Dr. Dianne Schlachter received her medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, MI. She completed her ophthalmology residency at Kresge Eye Institute in Detroit, MI, where she was nominated, and served, as co-chief resident. She then went on to complete a one-year Ocular Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship followed by a two-year Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship through Kresge Eye Institute. She is a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, a fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, and is Board certified in Ophthalmology.
Dr. Schlachter has additionally completed a Master of Science degree in Basic Medical Sciences through Wayne State University School of Medicine. She currently serves as president for the Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Schlachter specializes in all areas of reconstructive and cosmetic eyelid and facial surgery, including tear duct and orbital surgery. She performs Botox treatments, laser surgery and facial fillers, utilizing the most advanced techniques and latest technology available. Dr. Schlachter has a special interest in thyroid-related eye disorders, orbital surgery, and in cosmetic procedures such as endoscopic forehead lift. Her research interests include vitamin D deficiency and thyroid eye disease, as well as thyroid eye disease-related surgical and medical management. She also has a special interest in nutrition and its association with inflammatory disorders and aging. Dr. Schlachter has received the Beaumont Eye Institute Teacher Award and has been voted Best Doctors in America in 2017-2018.
- Associate Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Oakland University William Beaumont Hospital School of Medicine
- Co-Director of Oculoplastic Surgery, Beaumont Eye Institute, Oakland University William Beaumont Hospital School of Medicine
- Associate Preceptor, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Associate Preceptor, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Consultants in Ophthalmic and Facial Plastic Surgery
- Current President of the Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons (MiSEPS)